- Gentle & placid.
- Have individual personality.
- Some are bossy & others timid.
- Are a herd animal.
- Have social hierarchy.
- Form bonds with each other.
- They groom each other to strengthen these bonds.
- Have problem solving skills.
- Like humans they are pregnant for 9 months.
- NUMBER KILLED PER YEAR IN AUSTRALIA: 2 million.
- Have individual personalities.
- Wag tail when happy.
- Social animals with a complex social structure.
- Clean animals who only sit in mud sometimes to cool down.
- In nature build nest for offspring.
- Smart than dogs.
- Their snout has as many tactile receptors as a human hand.
- NUMBER OF PIGS KILLED PER YEAR IN AUSTRALIA: 10 million.
"I am not a drumstick" "
" I am not a nuggett"
"like you I am a living being who feels fear, pain & distress."CHICKENS:
- Social animals.
- Individual personalities.
- Some are friendly & outgoing while others are more standoffish.
- Have a pecking order.
- Very inquisitive.
- Can see full color.
- Use 30 vocialisations to communicate.
- Love dust baths to clean feathers.
- Female sits on eggs and clucks to chicks who cluck back.
- NUMBER OF CHICKENS KILLED PER DAY IN AUSTRALIA: 1 million (as they produce the least amount of meat).
- Animals want to live.
- They can smell the fear, blood & death of the animals before them.