Even if you only go vegetarian or vegan (no animal products: dairy & eggs) for 1 or 2 days a week- by doing so you will BE MAKING A CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS HELPING TO REDUCE ANIMAL SUFFERING. IF WE ALL DID THIS IMAGINE THE IMPACT FOR OUR FELLOW ANIMALS.** Watch the FREE film about how animals are treated EVERYDAY in factory farms & SLAUGHTERHOUSES & then see if you can still eat meat with a conscience: DOMINIONMOVEMENT.COM COWS:
- Gentle & placid.
- Have individual personality.
- Some are bossy & others timid.
- Are a herd animal.
- Have social hierarchy.
- Form bonds with each other.
- They groom each other to strengthen these bonds.
- Have problem solving skills.
- Like humans they are pregnant for 9 months.
- NUMBER KILLED PER YEAR IN AUSTRALIA: 2 million.
- Have individual personalities.
- Wag tail when happy.
- Social animals with a complex social structure.
- Clean animals who only sit in mud sometimes to cool down.
- In nature build nest for offspring.
- Smarter than dogs.
- Their snout has as many tactile receptors as a human hand.
- NUMBER OF PIGS KILLED PER YEAR IN AUSTRALIA: 10 million.
Pigs are raised indoors- with no access to sunlight, grass or soil to stand on. Instead they stand & lie down on concrete floor with no bedding or room to move freely about. IT'S ALL ABOUT RAISING THE ANIMALS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO SEND TO SLAUGHTER. IT'S AN INDUSTRY THAT IS DRIVEN BY MONEY- WITH NO CONCERN THAT THEY ARE DEALING WITH LIVING BEINGS WHO FEEL FEAR & PHYSICAL PAIN & WHO WANT TO LIVE.
"I am not a drumstick" "
" I am not a nuggett"
"like you I am a living being who feels fear, pain & distress."CHICKENS:
- Social animals.
- Individual personalities.
- Some are friendly & outgoing while others are more standoffish.
- Have a pecking order.
- Very inquisitive.
- Can see full color.
- Use 30 vocialisations to communicate.
- Love dust baths to clean feathers.
- Female sits on eggs and clucks to chicks who cluck back.
- NUMBER OF CHICKENS KILLED PER DAY IN AUSTRALIA: 1 million (as they produce the least amount of meat).
- Animals want to live.
- They can smell the fear, blood & death of the animals
WHAT IS SPECIESISM?
Is the human-held belief that all other non-human animals are inferior. We've all heard the saying "dumb/stupid animal." This thinking doesn't consider that animals have needs, feelings, desires & complex lives but merely as a means to human ends. It is similar to SEXISM OR RACISM. This worldview leads humans to draw distinctions based solely on the purpose the animal serves. For example most people wouldn't treat their cat or dog the way cow's or chickens are treated in the food industry, despite the fact they have the same pain, feelings, hunger, thirst, sleep & want to live.